Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hope growing. Esperanza creciendo.

Hello everyone, here I am, ALIVE ! Thank God for this new day.
I am doing good and my family too. My insurance just approved an important procedure that I will have done this week. This procedure should help to stop the growth of the biggest tumor I have in my liver.
The last biopsy I had proved that the big tumor is the same cancer as the other tumors.
I had my last cycle of chemotherapy last week after 6 months of treatment. I am going to have a break for 3 months to recover from the chemo drugs.
My main work out now is swimming that I am doing every week in the ocean or in my daughter's school swimming pool that is a salt water pool. I avoid pools treated with chlorine.
What I would like to express to you all is , with chemotherapy, if I can swim and do other sports like surf and windsurf, biking and running, you can do more than me.


Eat well, give priority to vegetables where there is more energy for your good cells. Avoid bad sugars, it is only going to make you gain weight with fat. White sugar, brown sugar, high fructose syrup are bad. Good sugars are from the natural sources. Agave, xilitol, stevia, good honey, evaporated cane juice, these are good sweeteners. Know that all the popular sodas today are made with high fructose corn syrup. Also avoid processed foods, white flour is the most used today. Try to eat the most organic food you can.
Whoever wants to know how to eat healthier, loose weight and have more energy, you can write me to fedepecora@gmail.com.

Until the next one. God is real.

Federico

11 comments:

Piluso said...

Qué buenas noticias Fede!!! Una alegría que la compañía de seguros haya aprobado el tratamiento tan importante que tenías que hacerte. Vamos por más!

Gracias por tus palabras, no me canso de decírtelo, aprendo mucho de vos cada en posteo y cada charla que tenemos. Qué lindo que puedas transmitir esto a tanta gente que necesita ayuda. Sino existe el novel de la buena gente, propongo que lo inventen y te lo doy macho!

Me ponen muuuuy contento tus noticias porque significa que te vamos a tener por acá prontito y no es joda, el asado está!

Te mando un fuerte abrazo, DIOS EXISTE!

Flor Craviotto said...

Fede!! Son buenas noticias, corazón!! Se puede seguir luchando y eso es bueno porque hay esperanzas!!
Mi corazón y fuerzas están con vos!!
Estoy para lo que necesites!
Manteneme al tanto!!

BESO ENORME!

Y gracias por darme fuerzas para seguir adelante.

alejandro said...

fede querido, desde baires a punto de viajar con marian para cuesta, te mando la mejor de todas las suertes y mucha fuerza loco, le voy a pedir a nuestro san ROBBY NAISH nuestro dios por vos abrazo y te mando la mejor locoooo vamos VIVI WINDSURF FEDE

Rachel said...

Fede ... we are thinking of you. Thank God your insurance approved this important procedure for you. We wish you a fast healing and hope to see you, Marcia and the kids again very soon!
All the best
Rachel and Bradford

Juli y Dani said...

que bueno Fede... me acuerdo de ustedes todos los dias, Dani y Matt les mandan muchos saludos..Por suerte ya consegui un buen pediatra en Montreal para los nenes y no dude porque me dijo que le de leche de soja y no de vaca y me saco varias cosas de la dieta de ellos, algunas ya las habia sacado por todo lo que aprendi de vos cuando me explicaste para Matt...
te mando un beso enorme!!!
juli

Anonymous said...

Hola Fede
Primero y principal, al igual que a todos me alegra esta noticia, especialmente que puedas descansar unos meses de la agresividad de la quimio
Segundo, y saliendo del tema, no me extraña tu comentario sobre el uso de los endulzantes que enumeraste, especialmente la Stevia que al igual que el resto no solo es natural sino inocuo para el organismo, pero ademas de esa propiedad la estoy investigando para producir un biocombustible. Si llego a tener buenos resultadoas lo voy a llamar BioFede y vas a ser el primero en probarlo, en tu auto, of course!!!!!!!
Un saludo enorme para vos y tu flia.

mk

Anonymous said...

i am so glad to hear that the treatment was approved and you were able to have the surgery on friday. i have been thinking about you guys and praying for you. i am very thankful for your updates on this blog...and the wonderful pictures too. (thank you for the eating healthy info too. i've been trying to do better at this.) i love you guys!
julia

Anonymous said...

Yo Fede,

you are incredible. Keep strong, we really want to see your "insane" smile again when you're rippin the waves on maui. Go Fede, go !

Ralf & Heiki

Anonymous said...

vamos fede todavias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! que fortaleza macho!!! no aflojes loco!! te mando un gran abrazo para vos y tu familia...

el color

LILIANA said...

ESPERANZA CRECIENDO!!!!!
QUE BUENO!!!! Me alegra muchísimo!!!
Buenísimo lo del tratamiento, y tengas energía y ganas para hacer deportes... gracias por tus generosos concejos de siempre!!!
Saludos a tu hermosa familia.
FUERZA FEDE!!!
Dios existe y está con vos!!!
Y nunca permitas que pare de crecer la esperanza!!!!
Desde Argentina
Liliana
:0)

LILIANA said...

"consejos"